Untold stories

This is my 100th blog entry and I was palnning the share something more 'interesting', something more 'beautiful' than just some words. But somehow I have the hardest time incorporate blogging (as well as downloading images from my camera and editing them) into my daily routine. So I have tons of unedited images sitting here on my hard disk and I wonder if they ever find their way into this blog. Stories that I wanted to share but that remain untold. Images from the first Sushi I ever made in my life, from afternoons in the park, cake recipes, images from my new kitchen shelf and table,...

And there has also been a lot of work in the last months that made it hard to find time and inspiration to blog, too. More work than ever before actually. Interesting projects that I love(ed) to be part of. But there is also less money than ever before. I still have to pay taxes back from the last two years. And, well, I also have to prepay this year's taxes. And we needed a new car that has to pe paid, too. So as much as I wish that I could just sit back and relax and be happy about the steady work I can't. I spend way too much time worrying about all the payments that have to be met. If this is all working out. And as much as I try to distract myself from all the worries I can't find distraction while sitting in front of the computer and blogging. I try to spend more days outside with friends. I started painting again. Redecorated the balcony and planted some tomatoes and herbs. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. These are the days when I feel like all the worries are eating me up. And when I feel anything but but inspired.

So, well, I guess I jsut wanted to say I'm still alive but not having the best time of my life. And tell one of those many untold stories I wasn't able to share (yet).

7 comments:

  1. Dear Marion! Time for a few encouraging words. I so understand the dip you are in. And you really shouldn't apologize for taking a little time out from blogging. Behind the computer, is rarely the place to master the more serious challenges in life. But nevertheless: I do miss your beautiful images and your immaculate sense of style - and I hope we can enjoy your post no 101 soon. Liebe Grüße, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th! I'm glad that you have been staying busy and although I'd love to see your cake recipe, I think it's best to spend time with people... instead of posting.

    Plus the summer doesn't last forever, so enjoy what you can... when you can. And these "not best times in life" make the good times that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marion,

    I know what you're talking about. The financial part of a creative job is sometimes so hard and can take away part of the fun. It's good that you write about this, cause I think a lot of us have difficulties with this part of trying to make a living. Take care!

    cheers, nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog and I just have to tell you that I think your blog is absolutely wonderful! My husband and I survived a near financial disaster. It was the worse thing we have gone through in our ten years of marriage, but if I can encourage you with the hope that it can and will get better. It didn't seem like we would ever be able to dig ourselves out of the mess, but we did. And we worked harder than either of us thought humanly possible, but we made it work and in the end it made us stronger and maybe a little wiser too. So, I know that we've never met until today but your post just moved me so much. I remember the sinking feeling of numbers not adding up and things not looking good and I just had to encourage you to hold onto hope! It is so obvious from your beautiful blog that you are very talented! I wish you the absolute best!
    Hugs from Morocco,
    Tina (aka Travelingmama)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything gets sorted out, Marion. Hope you get some time to enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much to all of you. It's awesome to know that there are others out there that have gone through the same and understand that being a freelancer is not always easy. And that you all still stop by from time to time even though my blogging is very sporadic.

    Vielen lieben Dank, Claudia.

    Thanks, Ann. Recipes are coming soon, I promise.

    Yes, Nina, there are definitley times where I have to remind myself why I'm doing this. And why I actually prefer living a freelancer's life (even with all its struggles) over a 9-to-5 job.

    Thank you so much, Tina. Your comment really made my day and it helps to know I am not alone going through this. I checked out your blog and I love reading about your adventures in Morocco.

    It will, Astrid. But well, it will also still take some time till it gets there. Thank you :) Hope you have a wonderful summer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take your time and blog at your own pace. For me too when I am stressed blogging isn't the first thing I want to do, then I take a little break. I wish you relaxing carefree moments in the middle of all the hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete