Canada 2008:Halifax - Woodstock - Rivière-du-Loup

May 14th: Nuremberg - Halifax
After we arrived...
After we arrived in our Motel in Halifax and after we had to change the room several times, we headed to the supermarket for a take-out dinner and had a low-key evening in our room...

May 15th: Halifax - Woodstock
map
Old school traveling with a map - no navigation system.

My favorite breakfast
On our first day in Canada we discovered Tim Hortons. This was my favorite breakfast for the next 4 weeks, a plain grilled bagel with cream cheese...we miss our Timmy terribly!

Woodstock
Next stop: Woodstock

May 16th: Woodstock - Rivière-du-Loup

Time for a little break and a nap in the car. People stopped with their car and asked if everything was alright or if we needed help...we were overwhelmed by the Canadian friendliness...


Bijouterie
I can't remember where these were taken but I just loved the signs.



Picknick
We had the most amazing picnic by the Saint Lawrence River. Posted about this already a year ago.

Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec
And discovered this lovely motel in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec, which I had also already posted about last year. The images I took there are some of my favorite images from the whole vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I so wish for a vacation, it would be so nice to have a little trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete