Our new online store keeps me busy these days...there's always some more information to add, something to blog about and lots of paperwork has to be done...and YAY! orders have to be packed and send out. For more information please check out our HONIG & PFEFFER blog.
Alright, I'm getting a little blog crazy lately with the blogs for our new online store...And sometimes I already have a hard time keeping up with this one anyway...but after uploading the last photo of Paxon I just had the idea to create an own blog for images and stories of him. Yes, eventually I might turn into one of those crazy cat ladies but I just love him too much. And that way I don't have to take care about flooding my Flickr account or this blog with cat photos. So if you don't like cats or think I am already totally crazy just ignore this...but if you do want to follow Paxon's adventures I'd be happy to see you on pickpocketpaxon.blogspot.com.
Journalist: Rie Elise Larsen og Stine F. Mathiasen Fotograf: Lisbett Wedendahl
I know these images from BoBedre have been posted on several blogs before but I can't get over how much I love it. Especially the awesome white table in the 10 m² kitchen of Rie Elise Larsen. I've been looking to find an old Gründerzeit table about the same size for our kitchen on ebay for months now but unfortunately without success. We recently replaced our kitchen table with a smaller one but this is only temporary solution becasue I do not like the table itself. But it was amazing to find out what a difference it makes. Since we moved in back in 2002 we've had this rather large IKEA table (ablout 1,60 m x 0,80 m) in our kitchen. It was way to large for our kitchen and sitting there always meant at least one of us had to face the wall - something we both really dislike. So basically we always ended up eating in the living room and using this table only as a storing area or additional counter top. The strangest thing about this is that I always thought we do not like to eat in the kitchen because our kitchen is uncozy or something while the true reason was the huge table...which we did not notice until we threw it out and replaced it with a smaller one.
Anyway, I will keep looking for a similar table and meanwhile please enjoy the lovely home of Rie Elise Larsen...I will most definitely steal some of her ideas to make our kitchen cozier nevertheless...because we now LOVE to eat in our kitchen but some coziness and decoration will never do harm, right? ;-)
Journalist: Rie Elise Larsen og Stine F. Mathiasen Fotograf: Lisbett Wedendahl
Yesterday I found this lovely bags from Gaia & Ko from Denmark on the internet and instantly fell in love. Originally these are diaper bags but I think they make a lovely hand bag. (I actually couldn't believe that they are diaper bags because they look nothing like that...) And as far as I understand they even have a water-proof compartment and various inside pockets so they might as well make a good camera bag...or camera/hand bag combo (something I've been looking for forever). You can buy them from lirumlarumlek.dk or if you live in Germany you can also order them at lillefolk.de. Both stores also carry the most adorable children's clothes and toys, btw. So if you are still looking for some christmas presents for your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchilds, your friends' kids...be sure to visit these sites...
...something that makes life delicious...our new online store HONIG & PFEFFER where we sell the finest gingerbread (Lebkuchen), coconut or hazelnut macaroons as well as domino cubes (Dominosteine) from our favorite family-run gingerbread manufacturer in Nuremberg. All products are made by hand after traditional family recipes without any additives, preservatives, colorants or artificial flavoring...and we also carry glutenfree and diabetic products made without flour. And lots of other delicious things...
It took us way longer than we thought but we are very happy that we could finally put it up on the web and announce our little gingerbread store open. I can't believe it's actually running!?!? Can someone please pinch me...It's still very beta and needs some more testing but we didn't want to wait any longer. (Please let me know if you experience any troubles or bugs!) There were several situations during the past weeks when I was totally in doubt if we can make it and when I wanted to pack it all in...it's a LOT of work when you do it all by yourself. I did all the designing, taking images, coding the frontend, designing the packaging,...and S. did all the backend progamming. Yes, it's kind of crazy to develop a complete e-commerce shopping system all by yourself. And create a new packaging. But we wanted to have everything according to our ideas and expectations. And so far I'm happy with it and it was worth the work :-) I hope you enjoy it, too.
You can read more about HONIG & PFEFFER on our about site (yes, that is unfortunately the only site on our website in German AND English so far) or on our new blog where I keep you updated about new products...
these are some product shots I have taken for our new online shop :) I can't believe but we are almost DONE, just some some additional keywords here and a little testing there. But the site will go online later TODAY. More to come...
I'm sorry for being away for so long. I know one of my resolutions was to keep up blogging more often but I've really had two lousy weeks. I got my tax assessment for 2007 (much much MUCH higher than I expected), our tumble dryer died, someone hit my car, I got another terrible high tax assessment (income tax this time), the drain in our kitchen broke and the kitchen was flooded...I hope this run of bad luck ends soon because I can not handle any more mishaps. That's enough for at least the next year!
And, well, I turned 30 last week. Another bummer although I saw it already coming ;) But that means it's time take stock of my 29 Things before 30 list. So here's an update:
- Go to the ophthalmologist and get some new glasses -> Postponed, no new glasses for a while as I have to pay my taxes
- Continue blogging more often: at least once better several times a week -> At least I tried. But the last weeks I did not feel like sharing, like telling the world how miserable I feel. I just wanted to hide under a big blanket. And well, that's what I did. Hiding. And trying to focus on work.
- Get that online shop up and running and hopefully having sold something -> No, another very frustrating thing but as of today it's only a matter of hours until it will be up and running. It has to be up within the next 24 hours or I will freak out. It's so much more work than we thought. And there's so many things to take care of if you want to sell something in this country...it's incredible. So many laws and regulations I have never heard of and now clue about. I do want to open an online shop not study law!
- Write a timetable for the projects I have in mind -> Ha, timetable, I don't have any time these days at all, so no timetable
- Do some brainstorming about the names of these projects -> nope
- Get a haircut -> No
- Mini-makeover for the kitchen: install new shelves, lights and set up the kitchen table -> we got rid of the old table and found a temporary solution. Didn't like the shelves with the table, so we decided against installing them.
- Redesign blog header -> YES!
- Collect all payments from clients -> Yes, I send out reminders and filed for a court collection proceeding
- Check business account several times a week -> Not several times a week but I did that regulary
- Do at least one painting -> No
- Continue scribbling in my Moleskine planner -> No
- Get back to a normal work/sleep schedule -> worked only for several days
- Do the laundry daily -> Did it more often at least. Until our tumble dryer died...
- Take photos more often -> No, only when I had to
- And also upload these photos to the computer -> Yes
- Take a long walk through my city exploring it like a tourist, like I did last year -> No, barely left my desk at all
- Take more photos for my series Gebete/Prayers -> No
- Stop buying things (esp. furniture) that I don't need and that I do not at all have place for to store -> Well, one dresser does not count, right?
- Get more social -> Totally falied at this one
- Use a proper layout grid for upcoming web projects -> Yes, and it was way easier
- Get my aunt's website done -> Yes, it went online on Monday
- Get my new corporate website done -> No
- Forget about the website theft and just move on with the new design -> It just came to my mind again a few days ago...argh...still indecisive if I should just forget about it or consult a lawyer. But chances are very low that I will have sucess suing someone in Turkey...
- Do not allow that minor things, unexpected problems or bureaucracy stuff holds me back from getting things done -> I tried to and it was good to keep that im mind everytime things started to annoy me
- Think about escaping for my birthday -> No, stayed at home. Damn taxes!
- Pay bills instantly -> Sometimes...
- Make christmas cards early this year -> Not done yet
- Stick to this list! -> I really tried to but...lots of excuses...but it was good to come back to this list every now and then.