New Magazine: Effilee

Effilee

I have always missed a high-quality food magazine in Germany. There are several but they are just not my cup of tea. Either the recipes are just something I would never cook or eat, or there's a lack of journalistic background. I'm not really interested in reading how to clean my windows or how to prepare with convenient food. And most of them do not come up to my expectations when it comes to layout and photography too. But yesterday when I went to my local news stand - expecting nothing fancy becasue they are not very well-assorted - I instantly spotted this new magazine: Effilee. And I love it! Great layout and graphic design. Sexy images and illustrations (some of them very unusual for a food magazine but very very awesome!), interesting articles that I enjoyed to read, a perfect mixture of qiuck-n-easy and challenging recipes (well besides the one of calf's brain with vinaigrette and lavendel froth, although the plate looks like a piece of art),...you can find more information on their website at www.effilee.de (only in German though).

Effilee

Pondering on duck - How is a recipe developed? Text: Vijay Sapre, Images: Andrea Thode

Effilee
Top: Fashion images taken in the Michelin-starred restaurant Essigbrätlein in Nürnberg, Images: Detlef Schneider
Middle: Menu for two, Images: Wolfgang Schardt
Bottom: Cookie party, Images: Malte Braun

You can see more scans at my Flickr Set Effilee.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... wo hast du dieser zeitschrift entdeckt? sieht himmlisch herrlich aus...

    i've never seen it yet. but i think me wants to find a copy of it...

    liebe grüsse,

    ange.

    ReplyDelete