Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec

Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec

Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec

Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec

I fell in love with the exterior of this Motel in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec. I'm pretty sure you all can see why. I wish I could take some of these chairs home... Does anyone know where they are from?
The Motel's website is www.motelauvieuxfanal.com but it doesn't do the beauty of the Motel justice at all. Well, at least from the outside. I haven't seen any of the rooms from the inside. But who needs a room anyway if you can sit on one of those awesome chairs, sip a cold beer or cola and watch the sunset over the beautiful St. Lawrence River?

Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec

6 comments:

  1. These chairs are very common in our country. I wish I knew where to buy them. What a cool place. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks really cool! And those great little chairs! They seem to have so many, how hard would it be if you just took one or two with you... The photos themselves are very beautiful too by the way... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion, I love your pictures and your blog so much. Here all the photos looks so much better than at flickr, because they get much mor space to as beautiful as they are.

    Well done, keept it up!
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have stayed at Motel Au Vieux Fanal many times on my travels thought this wonderful area and I can personally attest that those chairs are comfortable and, do very nicely for sitting with a glass your favourite libation, and enjoying the view of the sun setting over river after a days travel.

    In case anyone is wondering, this is a great place to stay. The rooms are well appointed, very clean, and beds are comfortable. A very well managed place.

    They also have pet friendly rooms and spacious grounds to walk your dog on. In fact, on my yearly travels, when I drive into the area, my dog knows where we are and can hardly contain her excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy, do you know the name/manufacturer of these chairs? Thanks so much for your comment. I wish I could fly over and spend a few days there right now...doing basically nothing except sitting in those chairs and enjoying the sunset. Just like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marion,

    Sorry, I don't know where the chairs came from BUT I will be staying at the Motel Au view Fanal again this summer (made reservations just the other day) and will make inquiries with the owners.

    Chair information (what I can get) to follow later this summer.

    I’ll be thinking of you when I take my first sip while enjoying the view from one of those chairs.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete